Three departments, including Mason, New Haven and Pomeroy, respond to a house fire in Mason on Thursday.


Three departments respond to a house fire on Second Street Thursday.

Mason Fire Department | Courtesy

MASON, W.Va. — A home was badly damaged after a fire on Second Street in Mason Thursday afternoon.

According to Mason Volunteer Fire Department Chief Howard Wood, the department was called to Brandy Burton’s home at 12:41 p.m. He reported that a candle in the living room caught a burning curtain, which went off. has spread to the couch and beyond.

Wood said there was heavy smoke throughout the house and part of the ceiling had to be removed to reach the flames. Residents of the home safely got their dogs out before firefighters arrived, but firefighters rescued a rabbit and a cat, with the cat being revived by oxygen given by members of the County EMS Mason.

The chief said the living room and an adjoining room were heavily damaged by water and smoke, while the rest of the house was also heavily damaged by smoke. At the scene, in addition to Mason and the EMS, were the New Haven and Pomeroy Fire Departments and the Mason Police Department. The main road through Mason was closed for some time and firefighters remained on the scene until 2:08 p.m.

According to a Facebook post from a family friend, nothing can be saved at home. Donations of clothing and household items, as well as cash donations, can be dropped off at Auto Options in Mason, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Clothing sizes include boys’ size 10; women’s size 6 crop tops and pants; XL and 2XL shirts and sweatshirts for men; and women’s XL or 2X shirts and pants 16-18.

© 2022, Ohio Valley Publishing, all rights reserved.

Three departments respond to a house fire on Second Street Thursday.

Mindy Kearns is a freelance writer for Ohio Valley Publishing, email her at [email protected]




Source link

Raymond I. Langston